• To approve the location of the factories, building plan and layout keeping in mind the requirement of lighting, movement of space, ventilation, the activities around the factory and habitation.
• To register all the factories falling under the purview of the Act and issues Licenses to engage in manufacturing activities.
• To oversee the aspect of safety, health and welfare of the workers employed in the registered factories.
• To investigate the accidents; to impart training and advise the management and the workers to create awareness in respect of various legislations enforced by the department by organizing workshops / seminars.
• To conduct enquiries on complaints received from the workers, trade unions and general public.
1. SERVICES OFFERED BY FACTORIES, BOILERS, INDUSTRIAL SAFETY & HEALTH DEPARTMENT
a. Approval to construct factory building and layout of Plant and Machinery under Rule 3(2) of Karnataka Factories Rules 1969.
Before filing for FACTORIES, BOILERS, INDUSTRIAL SAFETY & HEALTH DEPARTMENT service, applicant needs to make sure that
• Inprinciple approval obtained from Karnataka Udyog Mitra online.
• To know more about the procedure refer to http://labour.kar.nic.in
Sample Application Form:
Download the sample application form Click Here
Your application, once submitted will flow through the following status before the clearances/NOC’s is completed. You may use this information to track the status of your application.
Click Here to know the process flow/ Timeline of the department services identified and mandatory document and payment details.
DEPARTMENT OF FACTORIES, BOILERS, INDUSTRIAL SAFETY & HEALTH
KARMIKA BHAVANA” ITI CAMPUS,
NEAR DAIRY CIRCLE,
Ph No : 080-25581383 / 25589112 / 25589113 / 25586520
Contact details: http://labour.kar.nic.in/fandb/OfficersPhNo.pdf