Fire & Emergency Services in Karnataka was first established in the year 1942 in Bangalore South & North under the administrative control of the Police department. Later, during the reorganization of the state, a few more fire stations at Bellary, Hospet, Mangalore, Udupi & Raichur were added to the Karnataka State. This system of functioning of fire services under the administrative control of the police department was continued till the enactment of Karnataka State Fire Services Act in 1964.
Under the provisions of this Act, a separate Directorate of Fire & Emergency Services was created on 05-11-1965. Since then the department is working under the administrative control of the Director General of Fire & Emergency Services.
Aims and Objectives :
• The department aims to provide effective Fire Preventive, Fire Fighting and Safe Evacuation measures to Life and Property in the jurisdiction defined in Fire and Emergency Services Act;
• To reach the fire spot, within a minimum response time of 3 minutes, by zoning the area based on nature of fire risks;
• Enhancing number of Fire Stations, by scientifically designing and locating the Fire Stations, by locating need based hi-tech vehicles and equipment in Fire Stations
• Imparting the state of the art advance training to personnel and officers;
• Adopting fleet management and location finding gadgets to all emergency vehicles;
• Adopting a static as well as mobile command and control systems;
• Procuring multi-role and all-rounder vehicles and equipments;
• Bringing all the Fire Stations and other allied agencies under a computer network for disaster management and real time management of a situation;
• Standardizing the operational procedures;
• Overall improving the service conditions by means of reforms in the Department and
• To live up to the expectation of the dictum “We Serve to Save”, both during peace as well as war times.
SERVICES OFFERED BY KARNATAKA STATE FIRE AND EMERGENCY SERVICES DEPARTMENT
• Application for Fire NOC / Clearance Certificate
PRE REQUISITES :
Before filing for service, applicant needs to make sure that
1. In-principle approval obtained from Karnataka Udyog Mitra online. Procedure refers to https://www.karnataka.gov.in. To know more about the KARNATAKA STATE FIRE AND EMERGENCY SERVICES DEPARTMENT.
Sample Application Form/Time Line :
Download the sample application form of for reference.
Download time line for the application submitted.
KARNATAKA STATE FIRE AND EMERGENCY SERVICES DEPARTMENT
No 1, Anna swamy Mudhaliar Road,
Opposite to Ulsoor Lake, Bangalore -46
Important contact details: https://www.karnataka.gov.in/Pages/Default.aspx