The Karnataka Town and Country Planning Act, 1961 has come into force in the State with effect from 15.01.1965. Karnataka State Town Planning Board was constituted for the entire State under section 4 of the Karnataka Town and Country Planning Act and The Karnataka State Town Planning Board Rules, 1964 was formulated under the provisions of section 74 of the above said Act.
Aims and Objectives :
- Advising the State Government regarding planning and development.
- Determining principles and policies for achieving balanced development of the State as a whole.
- Aiding the State Government in formulation of state level policies relating to planning and development of urban and rural areas.
- Advice and Assist the Local Planning Authorities and the State Government in matters relating to planning, development and use of rural and urban lands in the State.
- Advise in the preparation and implementation of development plans and town planning schemes by local planning authorities.
- Undertake, assist and encourage the collection, maintenance and publication of statistics, bulletins on planning and its methodology.
- Prepare reports and furnish reports relating to the purpose of the Karnataka Town and Country Planning Act.
- Perform any other function which is supplemental, incidental or consequential to any of the functions aforesaid.
SERVICES OFFERED BY DIRECTORATE OF TOWN AND COUNTRY PLANNING
- Change of Land use.
- Layout Plan approval.
- Building Plan approval
Before filing for DIRECTORATE OF TOWN & COUNTRY PLANNING service, applicant needs to make sure that
1. In-principle approval obtained from Karnataka Udyog Mitra online.
To know more about the DIRECTORATE OF TOWN & COUNTRY PLANNING procedure please refer to: http://www.dtcp.gov.in
Sample Application Form:
Download the sample application form of DIRECTORATE OF TOWN & COUNTRY PLANNING for reference.
Your application, once submitted will flow through the following status before the clearances/NOC’s is completed. You may use this information to track the status of your application.
Click here to know the process flow/ Timeline of the DIRECTORATE OF TOWN & COUNTRY PLANNING department services identified.
Directorate of Town Planning
GPO PB # 5257
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Veedhi
Bangalore 560 001
Important contact details : http://www.dtcp.gov.in/